What are the topmost web design tips for having the best website?
The homepage should be minimalistic
Your homepage website designing is the main part of the website as it is the first thing that users will see. No doubt, it is rare that we read every word. The users are going to scan the page and pick out the important sentences, words, & images. It is best to add those things which appeal to the users. You should keep the given tips in mind:
- Visitors should be able to understand what the website is all about. They should click everywhere to learn about your business.
- Use the whitespace in the content which helps the content to look spacious. This way it helps the content to look well-balanced. Make sure the content is written in paragraphs and use bullets.
- Use interesting and high-quality images to gain the attention of the user.
Give importance to Visual hierarchy
Hierarchy is an important part of the design which helps to display the content effectively and clearly. Make sure you give importance to each element of the page. The main components are:
- Element replacement
The website layout needs to be correct so that visitors can understand everything. You can use a call-to-action button at the centre of the screen or place the logo at the header.
- Size and weight
You need to highlight the top assets like logo and business name which makes them look visual. Readers are going to read those things which are bold and contain large titles.
After giving importance to hierarchy you should consider the contrast, color, and spacing for the website. If you want your business website, then get in touch with the professionals to get everything executed correctly.
Easy and interesting content
If the content is readable and presented correctly then the site readability will increase. This means the user can scan the content or skin-read everything without putting too much effort. Keep these tips in mind:
- Website accessibility will improve with proper contrast between the background color and text color.
- People face difficulty to see smaller fonts. Make sure the body text is at least 16pt.
- You can choose the font between serif fonts to sans serifs. These options make the content easy to read.
Ensure the site has easy navigation
Website navigation is an important aspect to let the user find what they are looking for. Some of the tips to keep in mind are:
- The logo and homepage need to be linked. Creating your brand logo will help you do marketing.
- The website menu should be easy to access and let the user reach where he needs to.
- Not just the header, but give importance to the footer. You can place the important links there so that the user can find the information correctly.